OSHAS Rigging & Lifting Supervisor Course is designed to provide individuals with the information and abilities needed to prepare and tie a load for safe lifting by any type of lifting equipment, as well as to supervise the crane operator in safely navigating a load to its destination. This course is designed in accordance with OSHA Standards and The Workplace Safety and Health (Operation of Cranes) Regulations for persons who are assigned to perform load lifting operations using a mobile crane or tower crane.
• Definition of competent person (Rigger)
• Terms and definitions of various lifting/rigging terminology
• Introduction to various types of slings (webbing slings, wire rope slings and chain slings)
• Pre-use inspection of various types of slings
• Rejection criteria of lifting accessories
• Types of lifting hitches
• Sling angles
• Determining the slings capacity
• Types of shackles, eye bolts and hooks, chain block , turn buckles and their inspection
• Proper lifting techniques
• Common lifting hazards
• Communication and hand signals during Lifting
• Types of cranes and safe operation of various cranes
• Supervisory techniques and supervisor role related to the lifting operation crew
• Hazards associated with cranes operation
• Lifting & handling general principles
This course is for personnel who are involved in heavy or engineered lifts. It is also for those who intend to become lift coordinators or upper level management.
Rigging and lifting training helps employees to prosper and develop their careers while it gives employers a highly skilled workforce and a competitive advantage.
For Employees, the outcomes include Basic knowledge of OSHAS & International safety legislation & standards, Improved ability to implement and realize specific goals as per their designations Increased ability to take decision effectively, Greater productivity in terms of Morale Competitiveness and a "pass-out certificate"
Time allowed is 2 hours and exam will be open book.